One of the doctors, a resident, just came in to meet with us. We’ll hopefully talk with a neurologist and oncologist shortly.
This doctor was able to tell us a bit more about the tumor. It’s flippin’ huge – which explains the sense of concern we felt from all of the doctors and nurses yesterday. It spans from the T4-T9 vertebrae.
We don’t know about the pathology of the tumor at this point. It could be more like the glioma she has on her optic nerve. That’s a localized tumor that isn’t a real danger of spreading like a true cancer would. But that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t cause damage. It could still grow and cause significant problems.
We don’t know about treatment. I’m sure at this point that they’ll want to biopsy the thing so we can know what we’re working with. Because there are two tumors that both need to go away, they’ll need to figure out a plan of action. This may include surgery, chemo, radiation or who knows what else.
We invite you to join us in our journey. Please pray for Havyn. Here are some prayer points if it helps:
- Healing – Wouldn’t it be awesome if these tumors went away? That’s our first and constant prayer.
- Peace – We want our daughter to have peace.
- Clarity – When it comes time to make decisions on next steps, we hope to have clear direction.
- Joy – Would you pray that God would both give Havyn joy in the midst of this struggle and that she would share that joy with each person we meet?
- Light – We try as best we can to live our lives in a way that would impact those around us. Our purpose in life is to, as Scripture says, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and love your neighbor as yourself.”
Thanks for your continued prayers. We welcome visitors if you want to come squeeze on our little girl (and maybe her mommy too) — just text us for room info and to see if its a good time to come by.